So I found this verse on my e-mail this morning from Air one and I really liked it.
...let us strip off ever weight that slows us down especially the sin that so easily trips us up. And us run with endurance the race God has set before us. Hebrews 12:1.
I like this verse because it gives me the ecouragement to start losing weight and treating my body right. I would like to strip off some of this weight so I can run more and play more with my kids. Also my family has diabetes in the lines really strong and I don't want to get that because I want to live a long life and see my children grow up and my grand children grow up. I think my weight does trip me up. If I didn't weight this much I wouldn't get so tired and could run the race better. Also I believe that God wants up to take care of our bodies. In 1 corinthians 10:31 it say " So whatever you eat or drink or what ever you do, do it for the glory of God. SO if I overeat I am not really eating for the glory of God and if I sit around and not play with my kids I am not really do that for the glory of God. Also it doesn't do my kids any good either. Anyway even if you don't agree with God and sin you can still see that me striping of weight for my health and my family is a good idea and it does trip us up in the the race of life. I want to be health and be able to run the race of life with my family. I feel like I am in a race all the time with all the running around I do for the kids and everything else. It was just nice to wake up to some encouragement on my computer today.
Saturday, October 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment