Florida has taught me something since we have been here, I love to swim. I guess I should have known since we have always had a pool. I didn't really realize we have always had a pool until I really thought about it. When we lived on frontage Rd we had a pool and I was born there( well at the hospital but came home there). We didn't have it when I first got there but I was pretty little when we got it. I rememeber have AYF( Allience youth fellowship) parties at our house. I also remember that if Anna hadn't grabbed me and pulled me out I might not be here today( I think it was Anna). Also I remember when it used to freeze over it the winter we would try and walk on it.
Then when we moved to lower wolf creek we got a pool and used it all the time. We even got baptized in it in the fall when it was green and freezing because my husband( who wasn't my husband then since i was in middle school) was going off to boot camp and his cousins wanted him to see it. That was acutally a really fun time. Also one time my sister and I laid out by the pool all day and got so sunburned we couldn't even wear shoes because we burnt our feet.
I guess the only time we didn't have a pool is when we moved into town but my parents got a pool after I left and we have enjoyed it a lot when we came to vist. Anyway the point I was making is swiming is really good exercise and works your whole body at once. I am not a great swimmer but I can swim enought to get exercise and save my life.
Since we have this pool out our front door we have done a lot more swimming and I am enjoying it so much. The kids are too but I have to convince them to come out sometimes. I could be in the pool all day and be happy. If I could just leave the junk food alone I think I would have lost some weight by now with all the swimming i have been doing. I would stay in the pool longer if the baby wasn't so little. I don't like to have him in the sun too long and he get kinda cranky after a while. I am truly going to miss this pool. I am very bummed that we didn't get the house with the pool since it was a one story and I could go swiming when ever I wanted. Also I have bad hips and knees so the stairs won't be much fun but I am sure I will get used to them. I know we won't be here for ever but it would have been nice to have a pool i could use whenever I wanted and not have to worry about who was in it. There is a pool in the community but it is for everyone so I am curious how packed it is. We shall see! I am thinking about joining a gym so I can actually get my work outs in and also get a break from the kids a little. I love them but this 24-7 thing is killing me. It has a swiming pool and also some water aerobic classes that I like. I hate getting into a bathing suit in front of people but I guess i will have to work on that and the more weight i loose the better i will look in a bathing suit. Trying to keep a positive attitude.:)
Saturday, October 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment